The Development Services Department will promote the development of Redding as a desirable place to live, work, and invest by:
A professional commitment to excellent customer service to the public.
- Providing information and professional customer-centered assistance in an equitable manner.
- Assisting the City Council, appointed officials, and all City of Redding employees with the establishment and implementation of plans, policies, standards, laws, and programs that reflect community values.
- Promoting and facilitating attractive, safe, and quality development.
- Creating and implementing strategies and programs to retain, expand, and attract businesses.
- Involving members of the public in decisions that affect them.
A professional commitment to the teamwork concept and excellent working relationships within the City organization.
A professional commitment to individual performance by:
- Providing prompt and accurate information.
- Having a respectful, helpful, courteous, and understanding attitude.
- Being firm when necessary and flexible when appropriate.
- Helping the customer understand the reason for a decision.
- Exercising good judgment by knowing what to say and how to say it.
- Having a cooperative attitude.
- Respecting other staff at all levels.
- Supporting Council and management decisions once they are made.
- Maintaining a sense of perspective and a long-term view of our role.
- Taking a responsible, positive, and creative approach to problem solving, decision making, and assignments.
- Being flexible to changes in work demand.
- Providing honest, straightforward comments on proposals and ideas of others.
- Taking reasonable and prudent risks in the accomplishment of the Mission.
- Having a sense of humor and a smile.