REDDING PLANNING COMMISSION
1. ROLL CALL - 4 p.m.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - of the meeting of April 12, 2011.
4. PLANNING COMMISSION ITEMS
a. Consent Calendar - None.
b. Public Hearing
(1) USE PERMIT APPLICATION UP-10-10, by B and L Motels, Inc., requesting approval to construct a 64-room, 3-story motel of approximately 38,000 square feet on property located at 1181 and 1195 Grand Avenue and 5216, 5224, and 5232 Caterpillar Road in an "HC" Heavy Commercial District with a General Plan designation of "Heavy Commercial." Environmental Determination: Mitigated Negative Declaration. Staff Recommendation: Adoption of the Mitigated Negative Declaration and approval. L-010-390 Continued from the meeting of May 24, 2011. ADOPTED MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION AND APPROVED
(2) TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION MAP APPLICATION S-4-09, GOODWATER ESTATES SUBDIVISION, by Dean Roesner, requesting approval to subdivide 53.2 acres into 87 lots to support single-family homes, along with the set-aside of a private open-space area containing the stream channel and floodplain of Clover Creek, on property located at 4655 Goodwater Avenue in an "RS-2-FP" Residential Single Family with Floodplain Overlay District. The project includes fill encroachment into a backwater area of the Clover Creek floodplain to support orderly lot and infrastructure design. Environmental Determination: Mitigated Negative Declaration. Staff Recommendation: Adoption of the Mitigated Negative Declaration and approval. S-101-142 ADOPTED MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION AND APPROVED
(3) EXTENSION AND AMENDMENT OF THE SHASTINA RANCH DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT (AGREEMENT), by Shastina Ranch Partners, pertaining to development of the Shastina Ranch Tentative Subdivision Map (Project). In summary, the Project consists of the subdivision of approximately 224 acres to create 446 single-family residential homes; a 7.6-acre public park; open space; and 20 acres of industrial land. The subdivision site is generally located south of Rancho Road and on both sides of Clover Creek. The focus of the Agreement is the developer's construction of a 7.6-acre park concurrent with the Project development in lieu of payment of the Project's City park-fee obligation. This Agreement is set to expire, and the developer has requested an extension pursuant to the terms of the Agreement. The extension request includes an amendment to the Agreement whereby the approval period of the Agreement will coincide with the approval period of the tentative subdivision map. Environmental Determination: Existing Shastina Ranch Environmental Impact Report. Staff Recommendation: Recommend approval to the City Council. S-101-057 RECOMMENDED APPROVAL TO THE CITY COUNCIL
5. COMMISSION CONSIDERATION
7. SHASTA COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION REFERRAL ITEMS - None.
8. COMMISSIONERS' COMMENTS
9. DIRECTOR'S REPORT
Douglas DeMallie , Planning Manager