REDDING PLANNING COMMISSION
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - None.
4. PLANNING COMMISSION ITEMS
a. Consent Calendar - None.
b. Public Hearing
(1) USE PERMIT APPLICATION UP-5-07 AND VARIANCE APPLICATION V-2-07, by Ron Helderman, requesting approval to construct an accessory building that encroaches into the 100-year floodplain of Churn Creek on property located at 4890 Huntington Drive in an "RS-2" Residential Single Family District. Environmental Determination: Categorically Exempt. Staff Recommendation: Approval. L-010-390 and L-010-410 APPROVED
(2) PARCEL MAP APPLICATION PM-5-07 AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PLAN APPLICATION PD-4-07, by the City of Redding, requesting approval to divide 667 acres into 16 developable parcels, 6 open-space parcels, and 2 Redding Electric Utility substation parcels. The property is generally located east of Stillwater Creek, south of the easterly extension of Rancho Road, and north of Fig Tree Lane and is zoned "GI" General Industrial and "OS" Open Space Districts with "PD" Planned Development Overlay District. Environmental Determination: Within the scope of the project defined in Final Environmental Impact Report EIR-1-00, certified by the Redding City Council on April 18, 2006, by Resolution 2006-58. Staff Recommendation: Approval. L-010-150 and L-010-210 CONTINUED TO NEXT MEETING OF AUGUST 14, 2007
(3) TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION MAP APPLICATION S-20-05, OAK MESA HEIGHTS SUBDIVISION, by CRB Properties, requesting approval to divide 5.3 acres into 15 lots for development of single-family homes on property located at 1870 Oak Mesa Lane in an "RS-3" Residential Single Family District. Environmental Determination: Negative Declaration. Staff Recommendation: Adoption of Negative Declaration and Approval. S-101-104 ADOPTED NEGATIVE DECLARATION AND APPROVED
5. COMMISSION CONSIDERATION
a. ANNUAL REPORT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE OASIS ROAD SPECIFIC PLAN AND PUBLIC WORKSHOP TO ACCEPT COMMENT ON THE PROPOSED NORTH REDDING TRAFFIC BENEFIT DISTRICT (NRTBD) TRAFFIC IMPACT FEE STUDY. The Oasis Road Specific Plan is the guiding document for review and approval of approximately 3.1 million square feet of potential commercial development, as well as 2,183 potential housing units surrounding the Oasis Road and Interstate 5 interchange. The NRTBD is a proposal by the City of Redding to establish a Transportation Impact Benefit Fee District on property surrounding the Oasis Road and Interstate 5 interchange. The NRTBD will assist in funding freeway interchange and related roadway improvements needed to support future development occurring within the District boundaries. A-170-130-003 and T-080-400
b. DETERMINATION ON APPEAL OF WATER CONNECTION IMPACT FEE PAYMENTS FOR THE MONACO CONDOMINIUM CONVERSION PROJECT LOCATED AT 3220 C STREET. Appeal of the determination of the Redding Municipal Utilities Director to require payment of water-connection impact fees associated with water-system improvements required for the condominium conversion project. A-050-165 ITEM CONTINUED INDEFINITELY
6. COMMISSION CONSIDERATION
7. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - This item is set aside for the public to address the Planning Commission on any items of concern not listed on the Agenda.
8. SHASTA COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION REFERRAL ITEMS - None.
9. COMMISSIONERS' COMMENTS
10. DIRECTOR'S REPORT
Douglas DeMallie , Planning Manager