Deputy Fire Chief Gerry Gray
(530) 225-4141; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Redding Fire Department Operations Division is responsible for the emergency response & emergency management activities in the City of Redding and the Buckeye Fire Protection District.
The Operations Division consists of:
- 78 uniformed career personnel assigned to three alternating shifts
- 8 staffed fire stations
- Daily operations consists of:
- Structural Firefighting
- Wildland Firefighting
- Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF)
- Emergency Medical & Rescue Response
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
- Shore-Based Water Rescue
- Various other needs brought on by a dynamically changing city
Several mutual and automatic aid response agreements exist; including a well-defined Mutual Threat Zone (MTZ) agreement with CalFire/Shasta Co Fire Department.
The Department also maintains cooperative agreements with the Regional Occupational Program and Shasta Community College.